[mrtg] MRTG vs. Cricket

Patrick Topping ptopping at pobox.com
Sat Jan 31 00:05:57 CET 2009

I have been polling the 64-bit counters from the beginning.  Below is a
sample from the CFG file:

Target[xxx.xxx.xxx_TenGigabitEthernet10_4]:
\TenGigabitEthernet10/4:XXXXX at XXXXX:::::2

I know that the graphs are off because I still have Cricket graphing the
same devices as MRTG.  I left Cricket in place while I migrated
everything over to MRTG.  When I look at the graphs on the same 10-gig
interface and look at the actual 10-gig interface on the router, the
Cricket graphs seem be more accurate.

I have changed the cron from running every 5 minutes to running every
minute.  I will see how well this does and update the group from there.
Thanks for all the help so far.

-Patrick