[mrtg] MRTG Not updating after upgrade

Rafael Possamai rafaelpossa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:41:45 CEST 2009

I think that script has accurate data, at least on my debian lenny. It gets
the load average, not the current load. And memory it will take
buffers/cache data. It is really simple though.
About SNMP, I have never used it. I was actually going to start figuring it
out because it is more reliable and gives you out way more data. I would
suggest you to take a look here:

http://vegan.net/MRTG/concepts.php

http://ruleoftech.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/quick-howto-setting-up-snmp-and-mrtg/

If you must take the data from the snmp, I guess you will have to figure it
out, but if you are just using this "for fun" or for curiosity, try some of
those scripts, its much easier (not that I'm lazy, hehehe).

Regards,
Rafael