[mrtg] Installing Mrtg 2.9.2.1 on a new windows machine get error

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 17 00:30:15 CEST 2009

I'd suggest you go with MRTG 2.16 (the latest) unless you have a reason not to.
This problem looks like something amiss with MRTG_lib so check permissions on this, plus that you don't accidentally have different versions of it installed.
Also I seem to recall some problems with ActivePerl 10 and earlier MRTGs (and Routers2 for that matter) - possibly try to use Activeperl 8 ?

Steve

I am in the process of building a new MRTG on Windows 2000 server version 5.0.0.2195 SP4 . thus far I jave install mrtg 2.9.21, Activeperl 5.10.0 and apache_2.0.63-win32-x86-no_ssl. I have been able to create a cfg.file with cfgmaker but when I try to run this cfg I get the following error:
C:\mrtg\bin>perl mrtg mrtgtest.cfg
Can't locate package $VERSION for @MRTG_lib::ISA at mrtg line 59
        main::BEGIN() called at C:/mrtg/bin\..\lib\mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 59
        eval {...} called at C:/mrtg/bin\..\lib\mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 59
ERROR: unable to open config file: mrtgtest.cfg