[mrtg] Your vendor has not defined Socket macro MSG_DONTWAIT

Oliver Marshall Oliver.Marshall at g2support.com
Wed Jul 22 11:28:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when setting up MRTG to run as a daemon on a windows server;

Your vendor has not defined Socket macro MSG_DONTWAIT, used at (eval 15) line 1

The mrtg config file was setup with 'cfgmaker' and appears to work fine if we remove the runasdaemon entry. The devices being monitored are a Watchguard X55e firewall and a couple of Netgear ProSafe GS748T managed gigabit/fibre switches.

I've found a few references to this error from about 18 months ago but no particular solution.

Any ideas how we can resolve the issue ?

Olly

--
G2 Support
Network Support : Online Backups : Server Management

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA0AB7.20D14900]

Tel:    0845 307 3443
Email:  oliver.marshall at g2support.com<mailto:oliver.marshall at g2support.com>
Web:    http://www.g2support.com<http://www.g2support.com/>
Twitter: g2support<http://twitter.com/home?status=@g2support>
Newsletter: http://www.g2support.com/newsletter
Mail:   2nd Floor, 130a Western Rd, Brighton, Sussex, BN12LA

G2 Support LLP is registered at Mill House, 103 Holmes Avenue, HOVE
BN3 7LE. Our registered company number is OC316341.