[mrtg] multi-context templates

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 2 22:50:31 CET 2009

> > I don't know of any way for the host template to add extra things to the
> > list to be processed by the interface template, since this list is
> populated
> > by walking the ifIndex - which should still pick these up.
>
> Nope.  Each context has its own ifIndex table.  They are not visible
> when using a different named context.

Looks like I'm misunderstanding what a 'context' is in SNMP.  Is this a
uniquely snmpv3 concept?  In this case I really don't know how we can go
about doing it - I think the cfgmaker template API will need to be given
some new functions to push items into the interface list, then (and possibly
with different SNMPv3 options?)

Steve