[mrtg] how can i get in/out bandwidth values from mrtg

Sumanta Das sumantacaptain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 08:50:48 CET 2009

Hi Mr.Steve
Thanx for your post,

1) Actually I want to store the numeric values rather the graph to produce a
customize record for in/out bandwidth. like

                   Max	                 Average	               Current
In	2035.8 Mb/s (20.4%)	516.1 Mb/s (5.2%)	636.5 Mb/s (6.4%)
Out	4809.5 Mb/s (48.1%)	1076.9 Mb/s (10.8%)	380.1 Mb/s (3.8%)

I want the current uses of bandwidth in a file not in graph in round robin
trip. So if I got the position where MRTG is receiving those values then I
can store them, I could not point out that file and position where MRTG is
receiving those values.

2) If I can add my code there where MRTG is receiving those values then
there is no need to call, can you help me in this regards?

Am a new babe in MRTG/SNMP/Trouble Ticketing, is there any source code or
patches for customize report producing and trouble ticketing

Thanx in Advance.