[mrtg] how can i get in/out bandwidth values from mrtg

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 09:33:21 CET 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009, Sumanta Das wrote:

> I want the current uses of bandwidth in a file not in graph in round robin
> trip. So if I got the position where MRTG is receiving those values then I
> can store them, I could not point out that file and position where MRTG is
> receiving those values.

The file is saved in your Working Directory, look in your mrtg.cfg file for
its path; e.g.

WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg

> Am a new babe in MRTG/SNMP/Trouble Ticketing, is there any source code or
> patches for customize report producing and trouble ticketing

MRTG and ticketing are two different functions and applications. I am not
aware of a ticketing application that will work with mrtg, but others may
know better.  If you just want to generate alerts when certain thresholds of
measured values are exceeded then look at:

ThreshDir (GLOBAL)
ThreshHyst (GLOBAL)
etc...

in http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html