[mrtg] how can i get in/out bandwidth values from mrtg

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 12:49:35 CET 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009, Sumanta Das wrote:
> Hi Mike, thanx for your quick post, am using windows xp pro,
>
> and which file you are mentioning?
> 1)the file for storing the data for in/out bandwidth(if MRTG does so) or

There will be a file in your working directory which has a .log extension.  If
for example you have defined a target called router1 in your mrtg.cfg for
monitoring, then the working directory will contain a file called router1.log
with all the values that mrtg will be capturing.

> 2)the file where MRTG is receiving the values where i can write my own code
> and
>
> ThreshDir (GLOBAL)
> ThreshHyst (GLOBAL) is those are windows compatible?

These are mrtg configuration parameters that you can define in your mrtg.cfg.
I am afraid I do not have a MSWindows machine or know how mrtg works with it,
to offer advice on what MSWindows can or cannot do.  Others in this list
would be better placed to answer your queries.
--
Regards,
Mick