[mrtg] how can i get in/out bandwidth values from mrtg

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:33:36 CET 2009

Check that you have not defined more than one targets in your mrtg.cfg and you
are showing below the .log file of the wrong target.  Otherwise, you need to
read the Documentation link that I have given you in previous messages and
examine carefully any parameters that you are defining in your mrt.cfg;  for
example is mrtg showing bits or bytes; what scaling factor are you using if
any; what units is the router reporting via snmp (it could be packets instead
of bits?); is mrtg showing values per second, per minute, or per hour; etc.
Read carefully and understand what avgpeak, gauge, absolute, and other
similar configuration options do and then you will be able to decipher what
mrtg logs, what it displays, and why.

Hope this helps,

--
Regards,