[mrtg] Difference Between SNMP1 & SNMP2 cfg files

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 22 08:31:52 CET 2009

On the whole, the only difference between an SNMPv1 and SNMPv2-based MRTG configuration file is that to use SNMPv2 you have ':::::2' on the end of the Target definition.  If you change to and from using OIDs rather than interface identifiers then that's down to how you generate the configuration file.

Steve