[mrtg] FW: TimeZones

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 7 02:09:48 CEST 2009

Can we have some more information?

 1.  Are you running MRTG natively or with RRDTool, and if with RRDTool, which frontend?
 2.  How have you defined the timezone in the server OS?
 3.  How have you defined the timezone in the MRTG cfg files?
 4.  If using a MRTG/RRD frontend, how have you defined the timezone in there?
 5.  How is it going wrong - is it just using the server timezone, or are individual graphs coming in the wrong timezone, or what?

I know this /can/ work with devices in different timezones and their graphs displaying relative to the device's timezone rather than the MRTG server's timezone.  Making it display relative to the browser's timezone is a bit harder.

Steve