[mrtg] how the 30 min avg is calculated and stored in log file

Yagnesh yagnesh.dave at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:21:38 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am aware that the first 600 samples in the log file are of 5 min avg.
value, the rest 600 are averaged out to 30 min avg followed by 2 hours avg,
then 24 hrs avg.

 Can any tell me how MRTG calculates this 30 min avg. I mean does MRTG takes
the 6 data point sampled at 5 min interval and then add all the 6 data
values, then divide by 6 to get the 30 min avg. Or is there some other
calculation.

Please help me to find the answer  to this.

Regards,
Yagnesh Dave
+919223555126