[mrtg] Help- I've created a monster

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Sep 3 14:08:12 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 10:39 +1200, Steve Shipway wrote:
> Because maintaining our huge distributed MRTG/RRD/Routers2/Nagios
> system is becoming impossible, I'm in the process of creating a
> web-based admin tool based on probes and templates to maintain things
> like this.
>
> I know several tools like this already exist, but they are not
> template-based, have no probing and autoconfiguration, and do not do a
> combined Nagios/MRTG setup.

Well, mine is template based, has probing and autoconfiguration, and
does a combined MRTG/Xymon setup.  If you'd like the perl scripts and
the mysql schema, I can probably share it with you, since I know that
you won't look to me for support on it ;-)

>  Nor do they cope with a distributed MRTG or Nagios configuration.

Not certain what needs to be different there, but it shouldn't be too
much work to add that to my scripts.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com