[mrtg] install MRTG on SuSe

Catalin Dobrea fiskesnack_cdan at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:53:22 CEST 2009

Hi Steve,

Yes, you have right: I should be more specific. My question was how I should install MRTG on SLES 10. I don't know witch is working directory, I don't know how I should implement MRTG with the other programs (gd, libpng, zlib, and so on) and how it interact with the other programs.

I have one of the last version of MRTG, 2.12.2-14.2, who is coming with SLES 10, and it was installed by default.

I already have all needed scripts for to monitorized my network (from a previous installation of MRTG, who it was done by another person who quit the job). I only need to install MRTG and to make it work, and after that to implement the scripts I have. That's all. I think.

I followed the guides from www.mrt.org but SLES 10 have another structure than other Linux. I don't found anything. The walked-through installs don't work for me.

I'm a newbie on Linux and I can nothing about MRTG. My boss gave it to me to install it and to change the very old server who have this service.

Regards,
Bicado