[mrtg] install MRTG on SuSe

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 24 21:24:46 CEST 2009

If you do not have Linux skills, this could be a steep learning curve for you.

It might be better to consider instead installing Windows, and using the 'MRTG Bundle Install' from Open Innovations which installs and configures everything in one hit and is much easier to admin for a novice.

The drawback of this is you lose some flexibility and it runs on what are now fairly old versions, although you can subsequently upgrade RRDtool, MRTG, and Routers2 as your understanding increases, but the benefit is that you will not have the difficulty implementing that you will experience when you have to simultaneously understand a whole new OS.

Rather than attempt to climb Everest in one go, why not set up a base camp first...?

Steve