[mrtg] Monitoring CPU Utilization on a CentOS Machine

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Sep 24 20:50:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 13:27 -0500, Matt Baer wrote:
> I love how I can scour the internet for 2 weeks trying to find the
> answer and all I had to do was ask the right people.  That worked,
> thank you very much.
>
> Now, for the n00b questions.  SNMP is worse than programming to me, it
> doesn't make sense and I am way too ADD to be able to sit down and
> figure it out.

MIBs are database schemata.  They just describe the table layout in a
hierarchical manner.  An OID is a table, and and OID+instance refers to
a specific row.

> Where can I find these OIDs?  I have Zimbra on that same machine and
> I'd like to monitor much more stuff.

Ask the zimbra people if they have implemented mibs.

as for Loadmibs: - you have to be careful to include all of the
prerequisites for it to work.  Look at the IMPORTS section.  LoadMibs
has to read all of the dependencies first - in order - for it to work
right.  And it's a global configuration item, so if you have it more
than one in a configuration file, only the last one will be executed.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com