[mrtg] mrtg Digest, Vol 33, Issue 11

Catalin Dobrea fiskesnack_cdan at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 21:03:51 CEST 2009

Hi Lyle,

I don't take this in wrong way. No problem.

I can't hire anybody to make this work. I'm the person who suppose to do this. It's my job. I'm new on this but ... I managed to install 5 complicated servers:  2 firewalls and 3 IPAudit. I understand this MRTG installation is hard but now I have a model: my the old MRTG server. If I manage to install MRTG, the settings maybe it be easier.

I start to install MRTG on Debian 5.0.2. I have the following problem: when I try to install gd I get
"/usr/local/src/gd/gdparttopng.c:42: undefined reference to 'gdImageCreateFromGd2Part' ". I've try everything I found through Google but it not works.

Previously I installed gcc, perl, libpng, zlib, php5-gd, libgd2-xpm, freetype, pixmap.

I do not know what I need to install more.

Regards,
Bicado

PS: To search after help in the previous topics is very hard. Did is possible to get the hole archive in one file to be able to search easier?