[mrtg] How to monitor non SNMP Device using MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Apr 24 22:28:33 CEST 2010

There are several scripts available to download for various purposes at www.mrtg.org<http://www.mrtg.org/>;  also, in the forum at http://www.steveshipway.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=35 you can download some for use.  These are primarily Perl, or sometimes in Bourne Shell, although you can use any language you care to.

If you want more information on creating scripts, then take a lok at the documentation on the MRTG website at www.mrtg.org<http://www.mrtg.org/>, or maybe get a copy of the book www.steveshipway.org/book/<http://www.steveshipway.org/book/> (obligatory plug there :).

Steve

From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of ashok kumar [g.ashok1988 at gmail.com]
But someone says, to use smokeping, write scripts which have to return four values.
First of all I I think I don't want to switch to some other tools like smokeping as I know about MRTG. So, if you guys tried this, could you please post some practical scripts( might be complex ) so that I can implement for my non SNMP devices and then I can go for some other tools like smokeping for some enhancements.