[mrtg] MRTG

Jawad Yaqoub jawad.yaqoub at orange.jo
Wed Apr 14 01:07:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to install MRTG on windows 7, I follow the steps as the
following:

1.       I open http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-nt-guide.en.html then I
downloaded
<http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/releases/5.10.1.1007/ActivePerl
-5.10.1.1007-MSWin32-x86-291969.zip> AS Package (ZIP) from the platform
Windows (x86) and continue the installation using Installer.bat after
unzipping the folder

2.       I downloaded the mrtg-2.16.3.zip and unzip the folder and saved it
on the c:\ as required in the instructions in this page
http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-nt-guide.en.html

Now as I see in the instructions in the page:

To see if everything is installed properly you can open a Command Shell and
go into c:\mrtg-2.16.2\bin. Type:

 perl mrtg

I tried that and I get this message

C:\mrtg-2.16.3\bin\perl mrtg

'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Operable program or batch file.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Appreciate your support

Jawad Yaqoub