[mrtg] data collection did not complete within interval

Clark Kee ckee at ostinato.com
Tue Aug 17 15:37:51 CEST 2010

Our mrtg/rrd installation, which has been running fine for months,
recently stopped being able to produce most or all graphs. Inpection of
the rrd files showed NaNs were being written, and the mrtg log showed
the warning in the subject line of this message. We were running with 2
forks. Increasing to 4 did not seem to help. We monitor a little over
800 targets. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this, or additional
diag info to gather welcome.

mrtg 2.16.2
rrdtool 1.3.1

Clark Kee