[mrtg] "[ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture] "

Jan Ferré Jan.Ferre at uni-c.dk
Fri Aug 20 13:42:12 CEST 2010

I know it's bad style to ask silly questions. However some might give me
a hint where to address this error...

I have a Debian Linux server collecting data into RRD. This one runs
RRDtool 1.2.23 and mrtg-2.14.7

The RRD's is copied onto the display server running Ubuntu Linux and
RRDtool 1.3.8.

Now the display doesn't show me graphs - instead it tells me the RRD was
created on another architecture. But _which_ architecture? Is it the
hardware/cpu? Is it a 32/64 bit problem? Or simply a RRDtool problem
with the differrent versions?

If it's the later - will my datafiles get lost if upgrading the collector?

Best regards

Jan Ferré

--
Jan Ferré - UNI-C Netdrift - DTU Bygning 304, DK-2800 Lyngby
tlf. +45 3587 8935, cell. +45 2160 8012, fax. +45 3587 8990