[mrtg] graphing cisco virtual interface/PPPoE users

Patrice Blot - FCNET blot at fcnet.fr
Wed Feb 3 17:39:47 CET 2010

Hello Steve and Jan,

Thanks for your 2 answers.

I'm afraid I was right L

I could change mrtg.cfg before each run but I would like do something more "clean" and if possible limit as much as possible big snmpwalk on our ciscos which have sometimes 400 or 500 virt interface.

So to my mind it should be a very small development to make MRTG uses "IF-MIB::ifAlias" to reference a target like "IF-MIB::ifDescr" is already used.

If Tobi has stopped further development I will have a look if I can patch mrtg.

Patrice