[mrtg] mrtg-rrd and subdirs. and mrtg with multiple config files. and the combination thereof.

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jan 7 15:54:38 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 08:51 +0000, dag at bakke.com wrote:
> Bottom line first:
> I have multiple mrtg cfg files. With (potentially) separate WorkDirs.

Better to use a common workdir with the Directory[] attribute on each
target.

When using rrdtool, it's often better to use LogDir/HTMLDIr/Imagedir
instead of workdir.

>  I'd like to request various html-pages which contains a call to
> mrtg-rrd which opens the correct subdir in an iframe. I have the
> iframe part ok, but not how to make mrtg-rrd open a subdir. Or even
> acknowledge the existence of one.

Line 42 in the version I have has this line:

# EDIT THIS to reflect all your MRTG config files
BEGIN { @config_files = qw(/var/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg); }

you can refer to just a single .cfg file if you have a "master" config
with Include: statements, one per device.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com