[mrtg] mrtg for latency

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 18 23:47:20 CET 2010

If you obtain the mrtg-ping-probe script (can be downloaded from various places) this will allow MRTG to obtain the max/min ping RTT values.  Then, if you are using RRDTool and the Routers2 frontend, there is explicit support for this and you get 'floating bar' graphs.

Example:
http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?rtr=ping%2Fping.cfg&xgtype=d&if=ping-corona
You can also see the MRTG .cfg file that is used to generate this at this URL (click on 'show cfg file' in the right-hand menu)

Steve