[mrtg] Are those headers still needed?

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Sat Jan 23 12:46:12 CET 2010

Freddie Cash wrote:
> After much work, I have managed to completely separate data collection via
> MRTG and data display via Routers2.   The MRTG files are very short, and the
> files used by Routers2 only use routers.cgi* entries (no bare MRTG entries).
>
> Granted, doing so requires avoiding cfgmaker as the output it creates is
> very much geared toward using MRTG alone, with a single config file per
> device, used for both data collection and data display (not to mention being
> overly verbose).

	I've found, having tried both, that using (and maintaining)
	custom templates for cfgmaker involves less work on my part than
	developing and maintaining a custom substitute for cfgmaker.

	I use custom templates for a variety of purposes, including
	tracking the client association-counts for 802.11 access points.

	YMMV

	Niall O'Reilly