[mrtg] HELP -- Graphing traffic for specific BGP peer on exchange points!!!!

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jul 15 15:27:26 CEST 2010

On 7/14/10 5:19 PM, "Kevin Morales" <kevin.moralez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!!
>
> I'm wondering if there's chance to have traffic graphs for each peer (BGP
> peer) on exchange points. Problem is that on exchange points you have only one
> ethernet interface connected to switch where you have bunch of peering
> partners.

MRTG is not capable of providing that information, as there are no snmp
counters that correspond to traffic for a specific BGP peer.  You should use
one of the netflow graphing tools instead.  This will give you additional
information that may be valuable, such as the originating ASN.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281