[mrtg] how to calculator sum traffic MRTG on win 2k3

Christian Ludwig cludwig at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 3 16:05:20 CEST 2010

Hi.

On Thursday, 03.06.2010, 06:16 -0700 co1028x wrote:
> I have build ok MRTG to monitor SW cisco 6509. I use win 2k3.
> my config file on :  C:\Mrtg\bin\mrtg_6509.cfg.
> log file on : C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MRTG\Sw_6509.
> now i want to calculator Sum traffic on cisco 6509.
> Can you help me please!!

As I understand it, you want to sum up all traffic on all interfaces,
right? Well, you will need to write a script to do this. Most interfaces
are in one sub-tree of an SNMP OID, so you could write a script, which
uses snmpwalk to traverse the tree and sum up all values. Unfortunately,
snmpwalk is part of the net-snmp package for Unix. I have seen a version
for Windows on the net, but I do not know, if it is working.

Sorry that I cannot give you a fully qualified solution, but I hope this
hint helps.

  - Christian

--
Intel: We put the 'um...' in Pentium.