[mrtg] how to calculator sum traffic MRTG on win 2k3

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 3 22:28:00 CEST 2010

If you are using MRTG with RRDTool as the backend and Routers2 as the frontend, then you can do this by defining a UserDefined summary graph over the component Targets, and adding the 'withtotal' option.  You can also make the data stack, and have just incoming/outgoing or even use a stacked mirror graph.  An extra line will be added for the total of the components.

Alternatively, create a new Target which is a sum of the various components.  This will work on MRTG in native mode, although it will create a new database so you will not have any historical data at first.

Steve

hi all,
I have build ok MRTG to monitor SW cisco 6509. I use win 2k3.
my config file on :  C:\Mrtg\bin\mrtg_6509.cfg.
log file on : C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MRTG\Sw_6509.
now i want to calculator Sum traffic on cisco 6509.