[mrtg] Mrtg 2.15.0, cfgmaker and SNMP v3 - help

Ed LaFrance edl at colocationonline.info
Mon Jun 14 20:01:24 CEST 2010

At 05:42 AM 6/14/2010, you wrote:

> > /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker --global 'Workdir: /path/to/workdir'
> > --global 'Options[_]: bits, growright' --ifref=descr --output
> > /path/to/output.cfg --enablesnmpv3 --username=public
> > --authprotocol=MD5 --authpassword=foobarme --privprotocol=des
> > --privpassword=foobarme --contextengineid=0x0102030405
> > --snmp-options=:::::3 <router.ip>
>
>You have specified a contextengineid without a context, and did not specify
>an engineid.
>

>--
>Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281

Hi Daniel -

Thanks for your comments. According to the cfgmaker docs, the
contextengineID *is* what defines the context for the query, and I
have provided it. The contextname, if not supplied, will be
'default', which is what I want. So according to the docs as I
understand them, there's nothing amiss with that aspect of the query.

Ed