[mrtg] mrtg 14all speed

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Fri Mar 19 17:12:03 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Pavel Ruzicka wrote:

->
-> 1. Use modperl in apache.

Doing this already.

-> 2. Use separated MRTG config files with Includes in main mrtg.cfg.

I'm currently not doing this but can easily do this.. Do you have a cfg
file for each 'device'? If so where do you put the WorkDir setting? Do
you include this in each cfg or your main mrtg.cfg

What does your 14all.cgi call look like

site.net/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?log=switch.net.1&cfg=switch.cfg

OR

site.net/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?log=switch.net.1&cfg=mrtg.cfg

-> 3. Filter-out lines beginning with "#" from CFG files when creating them.

I can and should do this..

->
-> There remains one thing, when kernel flush caches. In this situation are
-> all accesses to the rrd files on filesystem blocked until cache is flushed.

Unsure? I've only seen the rrd files in locked mode once..

Currently I automate the generation of cfg files per device and place
them in mrtg/dev/switch.name.cfg

I then basically cat these all together into mrtg/switch.inc which I
include in mrtg.cfg...

Aparently I'd get better luck with including mrtg/dev/* in the mrtg.cfg
file.. but then how does this translate to the 14all config / cgi call?

------
thanks
  kevin.foote