[mrtg] Connected Users - Cisco Aironet 1200

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu May 20 15:21:11 CEST 2010

On 20/05/10 13:11, Richard Gliebe wrote:
> I put the above lines into my cfg file, put a<H>  into the line "PageTop".
>
> While I'm tried to build a new html file, MRTG told me, that there is a
> line called 'MaxBytes' missing in my cfg file.

	As far as I remember (not easy to check until after the
	weekend), my toolchain has the <H1> in a PageTop[^] rule,
	and likely has a default MaxBytes rule as well.  Sorry for
	not remembering this.

> So I included this line,
>
> [...]
> MaxBytes[ap-w106-19.uclv.net-wlclients-Do0]: 35
> [...]
>
> and build the html file successfully.
>
> I think this line should called like "MaxClients" or something similar
> to the connected wireless clients?? ;-)

	MRTG requires a 'MaxBytes' rule for each target.
	Something more abstract ('MaxValue' ?) might have
	been a good choice back whenever, but it's obviously not
	feasible to change now.

	ATB
	Niall O'Reilly