[mrtg] (silly) include question

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 1 23:57:43 CET 2010

This is also one of the ways in which routers2's parsing of the cfg files differs from MRTG's -- Routers2 evaluates globals at the end, and assumes that you wont/cant set the default values multiple times.  When I wrote the Routers2 parsing code, the MRTG parsing was not available in a separatelibrary and a lot of behaviour was undefined, so I made my own decisions... and then became saddled with the weight of backwards compatibility.

So to return to the original poster's question -- a setting of WorkDir: WILL be inherited by subsequent Include:d files, until/unless subsequently overruled.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead