[mrtg] Flash Dashboard applets for MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 14 00:13:42 CEST 2010

Here's something I've put together for our Public WLan here to display MRTG (and Nagios) data.

https://monitor.auckland.ac.nz/wlan.html

This uses Flash10 (so you need to have it installed), and the slickboard.swf applet (www.maani.us<http://www.maani.us>) along with some backend CGIs producing XML from the RRD files.  See the page source to see how it calls the javascript functions to output the gauges, graphs, and so on.

This dashboard has applets for MRTG and Nagios, as well as a special one to pull stats out of our Wireless management tool.  The MRTG applets are also Routers2-aware and so will display combination graphs (as in the demo).  If we'd registered the slickboard app, then clicking on the gauge or graph would take you into the Routers2 interface...

The gauge applet was released last year; now I've made the Nagios and Graph applets, and am pulling them together into a proper dashboarding app.

Enjoy playing, and let me know if it doesn't work for you.  It should be publicly acccessible but that's a bit hard to test.  Note that this demo may disappear or change without warning.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand