[mrtg] List::Util Error under Mrtg

Mackell, Thomas O Thomas.Mackell at duke-energy.com
Wed Oct 13 21:37:00 CEST 2010

 [root at unxmonps  mrtg]# LANG=C LC_ALL=C mrtg /etc/mrtg/imcltspacew.tmp
List::Util object version 1.21 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.23 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 94.
*** Restarting after 10 seconds in an attempt to recover from the error above
Wednesday, 13 October 2010 at 15:16: ERROR: It looks as if you are running two copies of mrtg in parallel on
       the same config file. There is a lockfile (/etc/mrtg/imcltspacew.tmp_l) and it is
       is only 0 seconds old ... Check your crontab.
       (/etc/crontab and /var/spool/cron/root)

I checked there was no other mrtg task running at that time.
Running Mrtg version 2.14.5
On Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.5.
I'm guessing it's time to update the MRTG installation, unless there is an answer to the List::Util issue

Thomas Mackell