[mrtg] Copying mrtg from one machine to another...
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 27 00:28:52 CEST 2010
This should be possible; however, you may need to
1) Change the routers2.conf to reflect the newlocations of the files, possibly also adding a LibAdd for the RRDTool perl librayr location
2) Maybe change/add a LibAdd: to the MRTG configuration file to specify new RRDTool library location
3) If you have the MRTG and/or RRDTool libraries installed into the site_perl location you will certainly need ot be very careful about adding the required LibAdd definitions
4) If moving routers2, don't forget that you will also need copy the rrdicons directory and re-create the graphs directory under your docroot with the appropriate permissions
We have separate installations of 3 versions of MRTG and 4 versions of RRDTool (and also 4 versions of Routers2) on our dev box here, so it can work, although as I mentioned you need to be very careful you're getting the right Perl libraries
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz>
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Arvon Griffiths
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2010 11:05 a.m.
Subject: [mrtg] Copying mrtg from one machine to another...
We are running mrtg 2.12.2 on our production box (Suse 10).
I have 2.16.4 running on a virtual box.
I would like to copy the 2.16.4 executables (inc rrdtool and routers2) into a user's directory (e.g. /home/user/bin) and experiment with them.
1) Can this be done (without disrupting the working 2.12.2)?
2) What files need to be moved?
Texas Transportation Forum
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mrtg