[mrtg] Plotting counters which reset after every 15mins.

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Dec 28 21:32:53 CET 2011

On 12/28/11 1:05 PM, "Steve Shipway" <s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> That's odd -- what settings are you using in MRTG?  Are you using native mode
> or RRD mode?  Is the reset based on time (never head of this before, but try
> the solution below), counter size (if it is wrapping, use 64bit counters and
> SNMPv2), or polling (use 'absolute' datatype if it resets on read)?

It's probably not related, but...

The T1 and T3 counters reset every 15 minutes, and they keep 96 15-minute
buckets around for all of the errors.  It's handy for figuring out when
errors occurred, but not so helpful for tracking trends.  I've never gotten
that particular set of counters to graph properly...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281