[mrtg] MRTG + RRD + 1 minute + Cacti - file not updated

shija03 shija03 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 18:25:42 CET 2011

I am not too sure if this
(http://old.nabble.com/troubleshooting-low-reported-values-in-MRTG-RRDTool-td15298532.html),
resolves my problem, but I applied SNMP v2 ifHC* collection rather than snmp
V1 type of counters, and it seems that the collection takes place.

If my statement is not a fallacy, I could derive from this the following:

  during the times that the counter was a low value, the rrd file would be
updated, during the times that the counter is high (which is most of the
times), then ifInOctets/ifOutOctets should be populated with NIL values -
since there are none, hence stopping the collection from succeeding.

   This is just a guess.

   Let's see in a few days.