[mrtg] using external data to populate MRTG in a windows enviroment

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 6 20:36:05 CET 2011

I would suggest you use 'type' (the DOS equivalent of the UNIX 'cat' command) rather than 'more' in the Target definition.
Also check the output of MRTG when run interactively to see if there are any error messages being produced.
Finally, check the format of the file -- are the lines ended with \n or with \r\n ?  It should be \n although I believe the DOS method should work as well.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead