[mrtg] Monitoring a target only during certain hours

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Jan 7 21:17:19 CET 2011

In 1/7/11 12:58 PM, "Steve Shipway" <s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> I think what the user wanted here (correct me if Im wrong) was to limit the
> hours during which polling runs, in order to save network bandwidth.  This
> means the crontab change would be the right solution.

I believe the original poster was looking for a rolling 30-day average of
total bandwidth consumed between the hours of 8:00am and Midnight.  I
believe there is a workday total traffic counter which would meet his
purpose.  It would also avoid the messy roll-over values at the end of the
polling gap.

But changing the hours in crontab would be *much* simpler...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281