[mrtg] Monitoring a target only during certain hours

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 7 21:44:48 CET 2011

>I believe the original poster was looking for a rolling 30-day average of
>total bandwidth consumed between the hours of 8:00am and Midnight.  I
>believe there is a workday total traffic counter which would meet his
>purpose.

I've re-read the original post, and you are probably right.  I had read it as they wanted to prevent the polling from occurring, but it would make more sense that they are trying to calculate the chargeable usage -- in which case, your idea of using the Routers2 working Day average calculations would of course work.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead