[mrtg] MRTG with RRD and RRA:HWPREDICT

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 14 01:26:41 CET 2011

To add an RRA is a bit more complex since it requires adding a new  item to the RRA header and a new RRA data section, changing the file size and offsets.  Rrdtool tune can tune the various HW settings, but not actually add the new RRAs (sorry, I was a bit unclear there)

The easiest way would be to dump the existing RRD to XML, and then modify the XML before loading it back in to a new RRD file; or, create a new RRD file (after getting the existing info via rrdtool info) and then copy the data over item by item, though this would lose any data outsize of the 1cdp=1dp base RRA

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand