[mrtg] How to use include in mrtg.cfg

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue May 10 16:53:41 CEST 2011

On 5/10/11 9:36 AM, "Mark Zhang" <mark.l.zhang at live.com> wrote:

> Hi, Does anyone know how to use INCLUDE in mrtg.cfg?
> For documents, in mrtg.cfg, there could be INCLUDE field.

Yes, the Include: directive is well recognized and used consistently.

> I think it is good because we can put different switches in seperate cfg and
> in different folder.

Yes, strong hierarchies can be constructed, combining the Include: and the
SubDir:[] per-target directive.

> But it cannot pass by indexmaker. Am I wrong?

Large deployments generally use a front-end such as routers2.cgi, which
understands hierarchy derived from the use of Include: and SubDir:.  I
haven't used indexmaker in a decade, so I don't recall how it works.