[mrtg] aescfb128 support for authprotocol with SNMPv3

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue May 24 14:09:51 CEST 2011

On 5/23/11 5:52 PM, "Crazy Mind" <check.crazy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working with mrtg-2.17.2 on WinXP 32 bit

I'm completely unfamiliar with that OS, so no guarantees here.

> I have installed Net::SNMP and Crypt::Rijndael for SNMPv3 and AES support

Ok.  Do you also have NetSNMP installed?
Net::SNMP requires Crypt::DES, whether you are using DES encryption or not.

> Previously I was able to run with only Authentication and no privacy.
>
> As I try to run with aescfb128 I get  following error :
>
> SNMPopen failed The privProtocol aescfb128 is unknown

I can't find a piece of code that is generating this error.  Can you search
your perl libraries to determine which module is generating it?

> My CFG file has SNMPoptions:
>
> SnmpOptions[target1] :
> username=>'newuser',authpassword=>'newuserauth',authprotocol=>'SHA',
>  privprotocol=>'aescfb128',privpassword=>'newuserpriv'

Ok.

> Is SHA +AES supported with mrtg
I use it all the time on linux.  Again, I haven't managed or supported a
Windows box in over ten years.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281