[mrtg] Problem generating graphs for all ports on a switch

Anthony Synakiewicz asynakie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:25:14 CEST 2012

For some reason when I generate a new config file and then an html file
from that config file, it doesn't create html files and .png graphs for all
the ports on the switch.

Here's an example http://i.imgur.com/6t08k.png

Notice where the graphs are missing? Those are all active and UP ports on
the switch. MRTG found them all, and has a place for them in the index
page, but it didn't generate the necessary html and png files for each
port, just a handful of them.

Why would this be so?

Thank you so much for an information or insight you can pass along.

Have a wonderful day.

Below is the commands I used to generate the page.

cfgmaker --ifdesc descr public at 10.4.254.115 --global "Workdir:
/var/www/mrtg" --output /var/www/mrtg/hamm115new.cfg

env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg hamm115new.cfg

/usr/bin/indexmaker --output /var/www/html/10.4.254.115new.html
/var/www/mrtg/hamm115new.cfg