[mrtg] MRTG and Cable Modems

Glenn Smith gsmith at summitnetworking.net
Wed Apr 18 00:30:14 CEST 2012

There's a directory called home/MRTG/modemstatus and I don't see a MRTG config file. But there was a cfg file in another directory which I believe is monitor only the ports on the CMTS device. So at this point, for the modems, I'll need to set this up from scratch. How to do this is my question, if the modems were not configured for SNMP and the bin files being handed out do not have any SNMP settings configured???? How then did MRTG monitor these modems before?

Thanks,
Glenn