[mrtg] Script returns 4 values, Plot values via MRTG/routers2?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 4 02:08:32 CET 2013

Some comments below inline:

                - "Regular" Options (*from above):
                        - noo - Here the "noo" is important because we only
want one value to be graphed (i.e. Tells MRTG to not do
                                  the default, which is to graph "In" and
"Out" Values like for a router's interface traffic). So here the "noo"
                                  says "no out" value.

This is a ‘display option’, controlling how the data are displayed by
Routers2.  Similarly, you can use ‘noi’ to hide the incoming (first)
value.

                        - gauge - The "gauge" option is basically a "current
status" value. Not sure if that's what you want for this, I'm
                                      thinking it probably is though..?

This means the value does not need to be converted to a rate by MRTG as
collection/storage time.

                        - growright - And I think the "growright" option is
not used anymore (deprecated), but I always include it by habit.

If you omit this, native-mode MRTG will make the graphs with the time on the
X-axis decreasing.  This option is ignored by Routers2; all graphs are
created with the time on the X axis increasing.

                - "Enhanced" Options (*from above, with 'routers.cgi*' ):
                        - fixunit - This you will probably need as well.
This tells MRTG that this value should not be appended with the
                                        normal "k" or "b/s", etc... since
It's only a number/count.
                        - nototal - This will remove the "Total" line
calculation from showing on the graph.
                        - nopercent - This will suppress the calculation of
the percentage of the MaxBytes value for the displayed values.
                                             Without this, a line will be
graphed showing a percentage/ratio of the current value compared to
                                             the "MaxBytes" value.

You may also want the ‘nomax’ option, which suppresses the ‘Max’ line on
the graph (in cases where there is no hard maximum).  This also implies
nopercent.

        DIRECTIVE(s):
        3.   routers.cgi*Graph[$target_name]: All-Counters
                        *This Directive must be included in ALL 4 of the
"Modem Counters" Graph's Directives. You may include the
                         "Enhanced" Options on this line as well, after the
new Graph's name (i.e. After "All-Counters" ). But I THINK the
                         graph will inherit Options From the 4 parent
graphs...

Yes, the Usedefined graph will inherit options from EVERY routers.cgi*Graph
component, and also from any routers.cgi*Option[graphname] lines you add.
So technically, you only need to put the ‘total’ and ‘average’ options
on one line (if you want them) though it is Best Practice to add them to all
such lines if used for clarity.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email:  <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,
将减少一棵树存活的机会