[mrtg] setting floor value for graphs

Kevin Carmical KevinC at uca.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:28:03 CET 2013

Ah, ok. Thanks Steve!

Kevin Carmical
Network Support
UCA
BBA 107
501-450-3107>>> Steve Shipway <s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> 1/25/2013 5:01 PM >>>
If you are using MRTG/RRD with the routers2.cgi frontend, then you can use the directive

routers.cgi*LowerLimit[xxxx]: yyyy

to set the graph lower Y-axis range to yyyy for tearget xxxx.  You can also combine this with

routers.cgi*Options[xxxx]: rigid

which will prevent the axis from auto-extending, even if the value extends to less that the set lower limit. Similarly, there is an UpperLimit directive, and of course the MaxBytes value (upperlimit defaults to maxbytes if you have rigid, and to 0.1 if you do not)

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead