[mrtg] routers.cgi*Options[xxxx]: default

domenic.disorbo at gdc.com domenic.disorbo at gdc.com
Tue Jul 16 23:12:01 CEST 2013

I'm looking to override the default, showing the interface graph for one
of my devices

I came across "routers.cgi*Options[xxxx]: default" which I am assuming
belongs in the CFG file for the device I wish to perform the override on
and I assume  xxxxx must be set to the target name that I wish to show as
a default

I see in the snip it that I found it is mentioned that this is
experimental - Is this still the case ?

In my cfg file for the device I wish to show a different default I have
but that does not seem to work - any suggestions

routers.cgi*Icon: NetAppLogo.png
routers.cgi*Options[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: default

Legend1[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: fsMaxUsedBytesPerCent
Legend2[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: fsMaxUsedInodesPerCent
Legend3[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: Maximal fsMaxUsedBytesPerCent
Legend4[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: Maximal fsMaxUsedInodesPerCent
LegendI[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: fsMaxUsedBytesPerCent
LegendO[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: fsMaxUsedInodesPerCent
YLegend[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: %
ShortLegend[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: %
Title[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]: NewCorpFiler max space & inode usage
Target[NewCorpFiler-fsmaxused]:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.7.3.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.7.4.0:public at NewCorpFiler:

. . .

= Snip it ===================================================

If you want to set a default for just one Device, you can add in the MRTG
cfg file the line

routers.cgi*Options[xxxx]: default

This will make the target ?xxxx? the default for ALL users (overriding any
defaulttarget definitions in the routers2.conf but not overriding a user?s
personal preferences).  If you want to make a particular userdefined
graph, or summary page, the default, then xxxx must match the name of the
userdefined graph or summary page.  The autogenerated summary page is
?__summary? and the autogenerated incoming/outgoing are ?__incoming? and
?__outgoing?.

Note that this is an experimental directive that is not fully reliable;
however if it works for you then all to the good.

 Domenic.DiSorbo
 Information Technology Manager

 General DataComm Inc.
 6 Rubber Ave