[mrtg] Port numbering on Dlink DGS-1210-48

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:26:43 CEST 2013

Hey folks,

I upgraded my switch to the one noted, and while MRTG works fine, I
can't really tell what graphs coorespond to which port.

With every other type of switch I've used over the years, it was
always the same.  The file name is IP_port#.html, but this is a 48
port switch and i"m seeing filenames with the part after the _ going
up to 57.   This does not seem to coorespond to anything I can find in
the switch config.

Even looking at the HTML there are odd names in there for ports  like
"Slot0/7", "po2", and "vlanMgmt"

Though the ones listed as "Slot0/X" seem to only go up to 48

And I only have 21 ports active, yet I see 28 entries of the "Slot0"
format plus about another 10 of the other ones.

What's going on here?

thanks,
-Alan