[mrtg] using smnp?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 28 00:19:23 CEST 2013

You need to create a custom stanza for this new Target.

You can do this manually, or (if you will need to do this same thing
frequently) you can create a custom host template for cfgmaker and use it
with the ¨Chost-template option.

The new stanza should define the Target in a similar way to this:

Target[users]:
CnTWaLK1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.5.2.1.5.1.7&pseudoZero:community at device

Note that

(a)    you MUST have two items in a Target, separated by ¡®&¡¯

(b)   we¡¯re using pseudoZero for the second as we¡¯re only interested in
one and don¡¯t want to count again

(c)    we¡¯re using the CnTWaLK prefix to walk the tree and count the items
(see the MRTG documentation)

(d)   You¡¯ll likely need to have Options[users]:gauge,noo  to make this
work

(e)   Set your appropriate community string, device identifier, and a suffix
of :::::2 if you use SNMPv2

(f)     If you want to make a custom host template, you¡¯ll need to know
Perl.  See http://www.steveshipway.org/cfgmaker for a few examples.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email:  <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : ´òÓ¡±¾Óʼþ£¬